Re: [TexasCzechs] Genealogy and Family History

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi

      Go to the county courthouse house of her area and ask for their index of probate records.  Find the case number and then ask for the paperwork related to the case number. You didn't say how long ago she passed away, so I hope this helps.

      God Bless
      Steve

      Alvarez@...
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
        I am so sorry, her date of death was 11/18/1953.

        Thanks for the info,

        Elizabeth MRAZ
        Houston, Texas
        Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
        SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
      • Marie Neuman Gottfried
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
          When my mom's cousin was born (1930's), he was not expected to live.  His grandma put him in the wood burning oven after the coals died down to keep him warm.  Whiskey was squirted into him to revive him.  He survived very well.  He went from the oven to the dresser drawer and grew up to be a big man.

          Marie Neuman Gottfried
          Waller County

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
            Hi Susan,

            On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:30:00 -0500 "Susan Rektorik Henley"
            <srektorik@...> writes:
            > At the same time, where are you if you only have names, dates, and
            > places on a tree or a database? Do you really know who your
            > great-grandparents were?
            I agree. A list of dead people is a dead list. Fleshing them out makes
            them come alive and keeps them alive in our memories.
            prgil@...'s story of the family cookbook is certainly one way of
            remembering who our ancestors were and what their daily lives were like.
            I hope more listers share such memories and projects with the list.

            Sharing. It's What It's All About!
            Rick Garza
            http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
            NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
            HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK

            .
            Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.