Re: [TexasCzechs] Genealogy and Family History

  • Mrazoompa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi,
      I think my gr-gr aunt may have had a will. Do you know how I can find out?
      I remember my grandfather receiving some paperwork from an attorneys office
      telling him how much he was to receive. (1/8 of almost nothing) But it would
      be interecting to see what was all listed if there was a will.

      Thanks,
      Elizabeth MRAZ
      Houston, Texas
      Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
      SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
    • Steve Alvarez
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
        Hi

        Go to the county courthouse house of her area and ask for their index of probate records.  Find the case number and then ask for the paperwork related to the case number. You didn't say how long ago she passed away, so I hope this helps.

        God Bless
        Steve

        Alvarez@...
        Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
          I am so sorry, her date of death was 11/18/1953.

          Thanks for the info,

          Elizabeth MRAZ
          Houston, Texas
          Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
          SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
        • Marie Neuman Gottfried
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
            When my mom's cousin was born (1930's), he was not expected to live.  His grandma put him in the wood burning oven after the coals died down to keep him warm.  Whiskey was squirted into him to revive him.  He survived very well.  He went from the oven to the dresser drawer and grew up to be a big man.

            Marie Neuman Gottfried
            Waller County

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
              Hi Susan,

              On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:30:00 -0500 "Susan Rektorik Henley"
              <srektorik@...> writes:
              > At the same time, where are you if you only have names, dates, and
              > places on a tree or a database? Do you really know who your
              > great-grandparents were?
              I agree. A list of dead people is a dead list. Fleshing them out makes
              them come alive and keeps them alive in our memories.
              prgil@...'s story of the family cookbook is certainly one way of
              remembering who our ancestors were and what their daily lives were like.
              I hope more listers share such memories and projects with the list.

              Sharing. It's What It's All About!
              Rick Garza
              http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
              NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
              HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK

              .
              Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.