Burial/Death record Transciption Translation

  • Mrazoompa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Could I possibly borrow the expertise of some of the wonderful people I have
      incountered on the list for help in translating a record I recenlty found?
      While at the Catholic archives last Friday, I found a death record for my
      gr-grandfather. His name is Alois Mraz. Following is the record: (as best I
      could read it, please forgive the spelling errors throughout this letter):

      Die 20 Janis; 1928 sep livi Aloisinni Mraz, defarn cthrv die proec denti
      aetate 41 Vannormma.
      L.P. Netardut.

      I am assuming that this translates into something like died Jan 20, 1928,
      Alosi Mraz aged 41. L.P. Netardut is probably the Reverand. I was hoping I
      could find his cause of death somewhere.

      Just by reading/thumbing thru the Catholic Archives, I also found the
      baptismal record for a Gr-uncle, born/died in 1900, whom I had no idea was
      even there. While walking thru St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetary where other
      relatives are buried I found this baby's stone. It reads as follows:

      Zdevpanu Odpociva
      Josef Studlar
      Narozen DNE 24 ho Unora
      L.P. 1900 Namorave,
      Zemrel DNE 11ho Cervna
      L.P. 1900
      Odpocivej V Pokoji

      I am assuming again that he was born on the 24th of Feb. and deceased on the
      11th of ??? month.

      Just walking thru the cemetary I also found a simple headstone for a
      gr-gr-uncle who died in 1909, his brother who also died in the same year,
      their mother and their father. Had I not almost stepped on it I would never
      have found it. It was a very simple marker, the sized of a brick and hand
      written on it were their names, simplified dates of births and deaths. The
      stone was very small and barely legible.

      I would strongly recommend walking thru your relatives cemetary just to
      read/see others. You may be surprised at your findings. Most of my
      ancestors are buried in the same plot there were 4 who were buried quite some
      distance and I only found them by walking thru the cemetary.

      My mother and I attended the genealogy conference in Bryan but decided to
      stay in Huntsville to save $80. We had to travel 1 hr. (each way) to get to
      and from the conference. The drive was great. We were able to see country
      side and stopped at every cemetary along the way. One inparticular was quite
      remembering. It was Three Oaks Cemetary and almost every person there
      belonged to the GOERLITZ family (most were babies). I wrote down stone
      inscriptions as best I could so if anyone is related to this family please
      let me know. At Red Top Cemetary we came across 6 children of the same
      family how all passed away on the same day. We were saddened at that familys
      hardships.