Re: [TexasCzechs] REV. JUREN

  • phejl
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
      Darlene,

      Glad to be of help. It is really exciting when you're able to "uncover"
      information and just as exciting to have information to share with someone.

      Pat
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
        I can send you may info and see if any names can connect to you. What are
        your names you are searching for. I visted with a distant cousin over
        weekend and found out lots from her. she had an old suitcase full of pics.
        But none had names on back. She remembers most. I think I even found a pic
        of my great grandma Rokyta when she was young . It was so exciting to see
        all those pictures. As I collect more data the pieces began to to come
        together. got to go for now.

        thanks

        darlene baker
      • phejl
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
          Glad to help, Darlene!

        • darlenbaker@cs.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
            HI Did Rev. JUren do funerals too??
            darlene baker
          • phejl
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
              Yes, the book lists funerals from 1876 to 1900 and also marriages from1876
              and ending in 1900.

              Pat
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                Darlene,

                The book I was referring to is "Czech Footprints Across the Bluebonnet
                Fields of Texas: Register Records of the Czech-Moravian Brethren,
                Nelsonville, Texas, 1800-1900" by the late Edmond Hejl and Albert Blaha.

                This is just one in a series of four books, including:
                "Register Records of the Czech-Moravian Brethren, Wesley, Texas, 1872-1900;
                "...Register Records...Ross Prairie;"
                "...Register Records...Rev. Chlumsky."

                These contain the records of those early pioneer ministers--Juren, Chlumsky,
                Moytcka, Zdrubek, and Kubricht, and Lacjak.
                > Yes, the book lists funerals from 1876 to 1900 and also marriages from1876
                > and ending in 1900.
                >
                > Pat

              • Darlene Baker
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                  --Thanks, I will see if I can find some copies closer to home. I'm
                  sure it will help alot.