Re: [TexasCzechs] REV. JUREN

  • phejl
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2000
      Darlene,

      Rev. Jindrich Juren was one of the early Brethren ministers and served
      several of the congregations. His records have been compiled in the
      publication, "Czech Footprints Across the Bluebonnett Fields of Texas:
      Register Records of the Czech-Moravian Brethren, Ross Prairie" by the late
      Albert J. Blaha and Edmond H. Hejl in 1980. There were limited copies of the
      publication that were presented to the Brethren ministers at that time.
      There should be a copy of it in the Brethren archives housed in the SPJST
      museum in Temple.

      I found the following entry (pages not numbered):

      Frantiska Haslenka Janous
      Born: October 9, 1888
      Birthplace: Oakland, Lavaca County, TX
      Father: Pavel Janous, coming from Johannov, Moravia. Now living at Oakland,
      TX.
      Mother: Rosina nee Vojtek, coming from Johannov, Moravia.
      Christened at: School house at Wellersburg, TX on April 28, 1889.
      By: Jindrich Juren, Evangelical Pastor
      Sponsors: Frantisek and Theresie Coufal.
      Certificate issued: April 30, 1889.

      Is this your gr-grandmother?

      Pat Hejl
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2000
        YOU ARE A GODSEND PAT!!! YES FRANCES IS MY GREAT GRANDMA AND PAVEL AND ROSINA
        JANOUS GGRANDPARENTS. FRANK AND TEREZIE COUFAL ARE ALSO MY
        GREATGREATGRANDPA RENTS TOO.

        THANK YOU!!! I HAVE COPY OF FRANCES JANOUS BAPTISM CERT. MY GMA HAS IT.
        BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE ALL INFO.

        DARLENE BAKER
      • phejl
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
          Darlene,

          Glad to be of help. It is really exciting when you're able to "uncover"
          information and just as exciting to have information to share with someone.

          Pat

        • darlenbaker@cs.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
            I can send you may info and see if any names can connect to you. What are
            your names you are searching for. I visted with a distant cousin over
            weekend and found out lots from her. she had an old suitcase full of pics.
            But none had names on back. She remembers most. I think I even found a pic
            of my great grandma Rokyta when she was young . It was so exciting to see
            all those pictures. As I collect more data the pieces began to to come
            together. got to go for now.

            thanks

            darlene baker
          • phejl
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2000
              Glad to help, Darlene!

            • darlenbaker@cs.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                HI Did Rev. JUren do funerals too??
                darlene baker
              • phejl
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                  Yes, the book lists funerals from 1876 to 1900 and also marriages from1876
                  and ending in 1900.

                  Pat
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                    Darlene,

                    The book I was referring to is "Czech Footprints Across the Bluebonnet
                    Fields of Texas: Register Records of the Czech-Moravian Brethren,
                    Nelsonville, Texas, 1800-1900" by the late Edmond Hejl and Albert Blaha.

                    This is just one in a series of four books, including:
                    "Register Records of the Czech-Moravian Brethren, Wesley, Texas, 1872-1900;
                    "...Register Records...Ross Prairie;"
                    "...Register Records...Rev. Chlumsky."

                    These contain the records of those early pioneer ministers--Juren, Chlumsky,
                    Moytcka, Zdrubek, and Kubricht, and Lacjak.
                    > Yes, the book lists funerals from 1876 to 1900 and also marriages from1876
                    > and ending in 1900.
                    >
                    > Pat

                  • Darlene Baker
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2, 2000
                      --Thanks, I will see if I can find some copies closer to home. I'm
                      sure it will help alot.