Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech translation

  • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2 5:56 PM
      John,
           The one he has used is www.translation.langenberg.com
      Go down to translate a web page - pick Czech to English from the pull-down menu - fill in the address of the page you want to translate and enter - goes to another page.  Refill in the information and push translate.  Is sometimes busy and will tell you to try again later.  It will translate what it can.  You can also use this page for single words which did not translate.
           Yes we are in Houston or actually right outside in the Klein area.  The Pustejovsky's came from Wallis originally and the Fabrygels are from Damon.  What is so weird is that my family, the Horns, also started in Wallis.  Small world!

      Karen

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4 4:59 PM
        Hi Karen,

        I missed your response regarding the Czech to English Web Page. I'd really like to know it too. Have several documents to translate.

        thanks...Millie
      • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5 4:06 PM
          Millie,
               The site is www.translation.langenberg.com
          I will also send  another that was sent to me through the list.

          Karen
          I missed your response regarding the Czech to English Web Page. I'd really like to know it too. Have several documents to translate.

          thanks...Millie

        • tvart
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 13 11:08 AM
            Hi Kennan,
            use this link:

            or (www.mapy.cz) and type Frýdek-Místek in window (search) hledej:

            Jiri Unruh

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14 7:44 AM
              What is the translation for: Great grandparents; great grandmother;
              great grandfather?

              Thanks

              Hank Naizer
            • Kennan Zishka
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14 8:26 AM
                Does anyone know how or where I can get a map (street map) of the city of Frydek-Mistek? Thanks.

                Kennan Zishka
              • Martina Morrisová
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14 8:42 AM
                  Great grandparents - prarodice
                  Great grandmother - prababicka
                  Great grandfather - pradedecek

                  Martina

                  > Od: hankn34 <hlnaizer@...>
                  > Předmět: [TexasCzechs] Czech translation
                  > Datum: 14.1.2007 16:47:49
                  > What is the translation for: Great grandparents; great grandmother;
                  > great grandfather?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Hank Naizer

                • Donna
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 15 7:30 AM
                    I've also found some helpful maps at:

                    http://www.jewishgen.org/shtetlseeker/

                    and using the "Search for towns by name" function. I can't remember
                    how I found that website, probably through this TexasCzech Yahoo Group!

                    Donna Witt

                    --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Kennan Zishka <kenzishka@...> wrote:

                    > Does anyone know how or where I can get a map (street map) of the
                    city of Frydek-Mistek? Thanks.

                    > Kennan Zishka

                  • Kennan Zishka
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 16 7:51 PM