Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Shooting the Anvil

  • george patrick
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2002
      Susan,

      I'm not sure if this is related to "shooting the anvil" or not, but, my dad and his 3 brothers were helping their father clear stumps on some new land he was clearing in Bell County.  Seems there was a couple of sticks of dynamite left over.  The boys decided to see what a stick of exploding dynamite would do to the outhouse.  They never said how high it went.

      I always took this story with a grain of salt because they were usually partaking of a bit of pivo when they started telling stories.

      George