Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech translation

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002
      Karen,

      I sure would like the web page of the Czech to English, etc.  I have found some word by word places, but as you or your husband probably know, the Czech language is a little hard to translate as they say some of the words depend on nature of how it is being used.  I learned of a program put out by a Mr. Sinclair, who lives near Prague, CZ.  It gives numerous ways the word can be used and make your selection.  For the CZ=Eng and Eng=CZ complete, right at $100.  Little steep for me.

      The Mikeska B-B-Q 'bunch' parents settled around Victoria, I believe, and actually the 7 boys having different restaurants were sons.  Some of them (Rudy of Taylor, for one) has passed away.  His son is named Rudy, and think the father was, too.  He is the only one I ever met, though I have ate at the Columbus, Temple, Taylor restaurants.

      Sounds like you are in Houston.  I am in Beaumont.
      Sir John
      ...  By the way, if you ever come across any Czech sites in Czech my husband knows of a web page that can translate some of them to English.  If you do not know of it let me know and I can get that address for you.

      karen
    • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
        John,
             The one he has used is www.translation.langenberg.com
        Go down to translate a web page - pick Czech to English from the pull-down menu - fill in the address of the page you want to translate and enter - goes to another page.  Refill in the information and push translate.  Is sometimes busy and will tell you to try again later.  It will translate what it can.  You can also use this page for single words which did not translate.
             Yes we are in Houston or actually right outside in the Klein area.  The Pustejovsky's came from Wallis originally and the Fabrygels are from Damon.  What is so weird is that my family, the Horns, also started in Wallis.  Small world!

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2002
          Hi Karen,

          I missed your response regarding the Czech to English Web Page. I'd really like to know it too. Have several documents to translate.

          thanks...Millie
        • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2002
            Millie,
                 The site is www.translation.langenberg.com
            I will also send  another that was sent to me through the list.

            Karen
            I missed your response regarding the Czech to English Web Page. I'd really like to know it too. Have several documents to translate.

            thanks...Millie

          • tvart
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 13, 2007
              Hi Kennan,
              use this link:

              or (www.mapy.cz) and type Frýdek-Místek in window (search) hledej:

              Jiri Unruh

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
                What is the translation for: Great grandparents; great grandmother;
                great grandfather?

                Thanks

                Hank Naizer
              • Kennan Zishka
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
                  Does anyone know how or where I can get a map (street map) of the city of Frydek-Mistek? Thanks.

                  Kennan Zishka
                • Martina Morrisová
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
                    Great grandparents - prarodice
                    Great grandmother - prababicka
                    Great grandfather - pradedecek

                    Martina

                    > Od: hankn34 <hlnaizer@...>
                    > Předmět: [TexasCzechs] Czech translation
                    > Datum: 14.1.2007 16:47:49
                    > What is the translation for: Great grandparents; great grandmother;
                    > great grandfather?
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Hank Naizer

                  • Donna
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
                      I've also found some helpful maps at:

                      http://www.jewishgen.org/shtetlseeker/

                      and using the "Search for towns by name" function. I can't remember
                      how I found that website, probably through this TexasCzech Yahoo Group!

                      Donna Witt

                      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Kennan Zishka <kenzishka@...> wrote:

                      > Does anyone know how or where I can get a map (street map) of the
                      city of Frydek-Mistek? Thanks.

                      > Kennan Zishka

                    • Kennan Zishka
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007