obituary Slovak

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Frances Slovak Sparks, 92, of West, formerly of Laguna Park, passed away Sunday, Dec. 30, 2001 in West Rest Haven. Services will be at 10 a.m.  Wednesday at Kotch Funeral Home Chapel , in West, with Dr. Charles T. Rice officiating.  Graveside services will be at 11:30 a.m. at Waco Memorial Park.  Visitation will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kotch Funeral Home.

      Mrs. Soarks was born January 14, 1909, near West and lived in the Laguna Park area for 23 years, and had been a resident of West for the past 16 months.  She was a member of Zion UCC in Womack.  She married Eugene "Jack" Sparks October 7, 1933 in Waco.  He preceded her in death August 30, 2000.

      She was a loving wife & mother, an avid fisherman and a great gardener and loved her family.

      Mrs. Sparks is survived by her daughter, Nina Kinard of Dallas; and a brother, August Sulak of Whitney.

      Memorials may be made to Zion UCC, 1411 FM 219, Clifton, Texas 76634-4636
    • Pat Lyon
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24, 2003
        Waco Tribune Herald December 22 &23, 2003

        I was hoping for a longer obituary on the second day.

        Johnny R. Slovak, 71, of Abbott passed away Saturday December 20, 2003.  Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday (December 23) at Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Abbott.  Military graveside rites will follow at Fatima Cemetery near Abbott conducted by VFW Post 4819.

        Memorials may be made to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic church, Abbott Fire Dept., or West Rest Haven Memorial Fund.

        I bel;ieve this to be Johnny Ray Slovak, born March 25, 1932 in Foard County, Texas.  He married Hermina Vybril in 1953.  If anyone has additional information or can correct or add to this information please contact me.

        Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F. Sommerfeld)
        patsroar@... from  Clifton, Bosque County, Texas
        Researching Maternal line:
        From Novy Hrozenkov, Moravia: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Malik, Zbranek, Vasku, Uherek, Zapalac
        From Frystak, Moravia: Svach, Simik
        Other: Gaas (Verovice), Vavra, Kunetka (Hodslavice),  Jarma, Prochaska, Bacak, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,Slovak, Kmiec, Tesar, Mechal/Michel?, et al