Re: Stavinoha

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
      I have some Stavinohas in my family tree as well.

      One is an Edward Stavinoha in the Wilson Co., TX area who married
      Agnes Wagner.

      The others are Lad Robert Stavinoha and Stella Stavinoha who married
      Celestine and Edwin Derrich, respectively. Lad and Stella are
      siblings and the same is true for Celestine and Edwin.

      Matt

      --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "turtlehawk2002" <maryv@c...> wrote:
      > Iam desiring information about Stavinohas who lived near
      Schulenburg.
      > They were brother and sister. The brother was Ramuald Stavinoha
      and
      > the sister, Alama Stavinoha. They also had a brother Robert, who
      > lived in New Mexico and another brother who seemed to have went his
      > own way when he was a teen. Juluis may have been his name. They
      > passed away in 1972 and 1976. There were relatives in Sealy, Joe
      and
      > Molly Stavinoha. If memory serves me, Joe was a plumber by trade.
      > Many years have passed--thanks for any help.
    • Harvey Stavinoha Jr.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 10 6:50 PM
        Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in some way.
        Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.

      • hankn34
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 10 7:05 PM
          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey Stavinoha Jr."
          <hjstavinoha@...> wrote:

          > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
          Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
          some way.
          > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          call rates.

          In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
          Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
          Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
          tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
          buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

          He was a farmer.

          Hank Naizer
          Austin
        • Matt Cross
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10 7:20 PM
            I don't have any in my family, per se, but my grandmother's sister Celestine
            married Laddie Stavinoha and her brother Edwin married Stella Stavinoha.
            Stella is still living. They were children of Frank Stavinoha and Filomena
            Janak. It looks like this Stavinoha family began in Palkovice.

            You might Czech out this website:

            http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/r/n/Phil-H-Arnold/index.html

            Matt Cross
            lennonluv@...
          • Dolores Miller
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10 8:35 PM
              I don't remember any first names, but there were some Stavinohas that lived just outside of Granger on Hwy 95 going to Barlett near or in the vicinity of Rudy and Albina Spacek's home.  There is a prominent Dr. Stavinoha acossiated with Southwestern Medical School here in Dallas.  He is featured on ABC channel 8 health news but don't know first name. I would offfer to check further but am having knee replacement surgery.  Maybe when I get home.  Does anyone remember Miss Hattie Hatka in Granger?

              <hjstavinoha@ ...> wrote:

              > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
              Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
              some way.
              > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              call rates.

              In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
              Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
              Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
              tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
              buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

              He was a farmer.

              Hank Naizer
              Austin

              Do you Yahoo!?