Re: [TexasCzechs] Stavinoha

  • Gerri Martisek
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
      My grandmother was a Stavinoha from Wallis. I do not recognize any of
      the names that you have given as being part of her family. I do know
      that there is at least one other family of Stavinoha's that I have not
      been able to connect into. That could be your family. The Gerald
      Stavinoha that someone mentioned living in Wallis is my relative.

      Gerri Martisek

      turtlehawk2002 wrote:

      > Iam desiring information about Stavinohas who lived near Schulenburg.
      > They were brother and sister. The brother was Ramuald Stavinoha and
      > the sister, Alama Stavinoha. They also had a brother Robert, who
      > lived in New Mexico and another brother who seemed to have went his
      > own way when he was a teen. Juluis may have been his name. They
      > passed away in 1972 and 1976. There were relatives in Sealy, Joe and
      > Molly Stavinoha. If memory serves me, Joe was a plumber by trade.
      > Many years have passed--thanks for any help.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
        I have some Stavinohas in my family tree as well.

        One is an Edward Stavinoha in the Wilson Co., TX area who married
        Agnes Wagner.

        The others are Lad Robert Stavinoha and Stella Stavinoha who married
        Celestine and Edwin Derrich, respectively. Lad and Stella are
        siblings and the same is true for Celestine and Edwin.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "turtlehawk2002" <maryv@c...> wrote:
        > Iam desiring information about Stavinohas who lived near
        Schulenburg.
        > They were brother and sister. The brother was Ramuald Stavinoha
        and
        > the sister, Alama Stavinoha. They also had a brother Robert, who
        > lived in New Mexico and another brother who seemed to have went his
        > own way when he was a teen. Juluis may have been his name. They
        > passed away in 1972 and 1976. There were relatives in Sealy, Joe
        and
        > Molly Stavinoha. If memory serves me, Joe was a plumber by trade.
        > Many years have passed--thanks for any help.
      • Harvey Stavinoha Jr.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
          Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in some way.
          Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.

        • hankn34
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey Stavinoha Jr."
            <hjstavinoha@...> wrote:

            > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
            Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
            some way.
            > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            call rates.

            In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
            Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
            Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
            tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
            buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

            He was a farmer.

            Hank Naizer
            Austin
          • Matt Cross
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
              I don't have any in my family, per se, but my grandmother's sister Celestine
              married Laddie Stavinoha and her brother Edwin married Stella Stavinoha.
              Stella is still living. They were children of Frank Stavinoha and Filomena
              Janak. It looks like this Stavinoha family began in Palkovice.

              You might Czech out this website:

              http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/r/n/Phil-H-Arnold/index.html

              Matt Cross
              lennonluv@...
            • Dolores Miller
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
                I don't remember any first names, but there were some Stavinohas that lived just outside of Granger on Hwy 95 going to Barlett near or in the vicinity of Rudy and Albina Spacek's home.  There is a prominent Dr. Stavinoha acossiated with Southwestern Medical School here in Dallas.  He is featured on ABC channel 8 health news but don't know first name. I would offfer to check further but am having knee replacement surgery.  Maybe when I get home.  Does anyone remember Miss Hattie Hatka in Granger?

                <hjstavinoha@ ...> wrote:

                > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
                Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
                some way.
                > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                call rates.

                In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
                Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
                Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
                tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
                buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

                He was a farmer.

                Hank Naizer
                Austin

                Do you Yahoo!?