Re: [TexasCzechs] Stavinoha

  • watthuber@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2001
      I have a Sealy, Texas telephone directory.  Joe L. Stavinoha lives on Ward Bend Road, Sealy, Texas  77474.  Phone number is 979-885-2238.  There is a Gerald Stavinoha, 2229 Eagle Nest, Wallis, Texas  77485, 979-478-2122 or it could be 409-478-2122.

      Dottie Watthuber
    • RAY J. BACAK
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
        There is a Stavinoha family living in Flatonia, 12 miles west of
        Schulenburg. George Stavinoha is, I believe, the father, and son there now
        is Dean Stavinoha. Both have listed numbers. A brother to George lived in
        Moulton and his wife is still there. Might try Dean to see if he has any
        information on those you are searching for.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
          My grandmother was a Stavinoha from Wallis. I do not recognize any of
          the names that you have given as being part of her family. I do know
          that there is at least one other family of Stavinoha's that I have not
          been able to connect into. That could be your family. The Gerald
          Stavinoha that someone mentioned living in Wallis is my relative.

          Gerri Martisek

          turtlehawk2002 wrote:

          > Iam desiring information about Stavinohas who lived near Schulenburg.
          > They were brother and sister. The brother was Ramuald Stavinoha and
          > the sister, Alama Stavinoha. They also had a brother Robert, who
          > lived in New Mexico and another brother who seemed to have went his
          > own way when he was a teen. Juluis may have been his name. They
          > passed away in 1972 and 1976. There were relatives in Sealy, Joe and
          > Molly Stavinoha. If memory serves me, Joe was a plumber by trade.
          > Many years have passed--thanks for any help.
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • rebellous_99
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
            I have some Stavinohas in my family tree as well.

            One is an Edward Stavinoha in the Wilson Co., TX area who married
            Agnes Wagner.

            The others are Lad Robert Stavinoha and Stella Stavinoha who married
            Celestine and Edwin Derrich, respectively. Lad and Stella are
            siblings and the same is true for Celestine and Edwin.

            Matt

            --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "turtlehawk2002" <maryv@c...> wrote:
            > Iam desiring information about Stavinohas who lived near
            Schulenburg.
            > They were brother and sister. The brother was Ramuald Stavinoha
            and
            > the sister, Alama Stavinoha. They also had a brother Robert, who
            > lived in New Mexico and another brother who seemed to have went his
            > own way when he was a teen. Juluis may have been his name. They
            > passed away in 1972 and 1976. There were relatives in Sealy, Joe
            and
            > Molly Stavinoha. If memory serves me, Joe was a plumber by trade.
            > Many years have passed--thanks for any help.
          • Harvey Stavinoha Jr.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
              Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in some way.
              Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.

            • hankn34
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey Stavinoha Jr."
                <hjstavinoha@...> wrote:

                > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
                Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
                some way.
                > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                call rates.

                In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
                Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
                Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
                tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
                buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

                He was a farmer.

                Hank Naizer
                Austin
              • Matt Cross
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
                  I don't have any in my family, per se, but my grandmother's sister Celestine
                  married Laddie Stavinoha and her brother Edwin married Stella Stavinoha.
                  Stella is still living. They were children of Frank Stavinoha and Filomena
                  Janak. It looks like this Stavinoha family began in Palkovice.

                  You might Czech out this website:

                  http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/r/n/Phil-H-Arnold/index.html

                  Matt Cross
                  lennonluv@...
                • Dolores Miller
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
                    I don't remember any first names, but there were some Stavinohas that lived just outside of Granger on Hwy 95 going to Barlett near or in the vicinity of Rudy and Albina Spacek's home.  There is a prominent Dr. Stavinoha acossiated with Southwestern Medical School here in Dallas.  He is featured on ABC channel 8 health news but don't know first name. I would offfer to check further but am having knee replacement surgery.  Maybe when I get home.  Does anyone remember Miss Hattie Hatka in Granger?

                    <hjstavinoha@ ...> wrote:

                    > Does anybody have Stavinoha's that were born, married or died in
                    Czechoslovakia in there family tree that may have come to Texas in
                    some way.
                    > Harvey J. Stavinoha Jr.
                    >

                    > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    call rates.

                    In the Mikulas and Apolina Bartos family tree their granddaughter
                    Bozena (Betty) the daughter of Roman and Anna (Hanak) Bartos married
                    Ladislav Stavinoha. Ladislav was born on Feb 28, 1880 (date on
                    tombstone) place unknown. Died Sep 7, 1954 in Granger, TX and is
                    buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger.

                    He was a farmer.

                    Hank Naizer
                    Austin

                    Do you Yahoo!?