Obituary of Hedwig Haas Smolka

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001
      Obituary of Hedwig Haas Smolka
      Victoria Advocate Online

      Hedwig A. Smolka
      December 31, 2001

      Hedwig A. Smolka, 82, of Victoria, died Friday, Dec. 28, 2001.

      She was born Jan. 23, 1919, in Lavaca County, to the late Frank and
      Marie Grahmann Haas. She was a retired rancher and a Catholic.

      Survivors: son, Frank Smolka of Fordtran; and two step-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: husband, Bohumil J. "B.J." Smolka; parents;
      sisters, Margaret Etzler, Theresa Schraer and Martha Haas; and
      brothers, Carl Haas, Joe Haas, Hubert Haas, Alphonse Haas and John
      Haas.

      A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. Tuesday at Colonial Funeral Home
      chapel on Red Rivers. Services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Our Lady
      of Victory Cathedral, the Rev. Kirby Hlavty officiating.

      Entombment will be at Resurrection Mausoleum. Colonial Funeral Home,
      Victoria, 361-578-3535.

      Memorials: Our Lady of Victory School or Sacred Heart Catholic School
      in Hallettsville.