Re: [TexasCzechs] C. E. Nesrsta

  • Gerri Martisek
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2001
      Matt,

      I think the Charles E that you are interested in is the son of Anton
      Nesrsta not the son of Charles Nesrsta.

      Here's my reasoning:

      In the 1880 census Charles Nesrsta born Jan 1855 is listed with his
      mother, Rosalie who was born in Jan 1820 (she is 60 in 1880 census).

      In 1880 Census Anton Nesrsta is 29 years old (teacher).
      wife- Anna - 24 (born on open sea)-noted on census
      son - Chas - 4 born in TX
      daughter - Cecilie - 2 - born in TX
      daughter - Anna 9 months born in TX

      In the 1900 Census, the mother Rosalie is 80 years old and is living
      with Anton during this census. She states that she had 7 children born,
      but only 2 are living (presumably Charles and Anton).

      In the 1900 census, Anton's wife has apparently passed away, because she
      is not listed.

      Anton's family listing is as follows in 1900:

      Anton Nesrsta 48 Feb 1852 Farmer Nat 1870
      Cecilie 22 Nov 1877 born TX
      Anna 20 Aug 1879 born TX
      Frank 18 Oct 1881 born TX
      Emma 16 Dec 1883 born TX
      Felix 14 Feb 1886 school born TX
      Jarolim 12 May 1888 school born TX
      Antonette 9 June 1890 school born TX
      Raimond 7 Dec 1892 born TX
      Adela 6 Mar 1894 born TX

      Kolacek, Frank 25 born June 1875 relationship to head of household
      - FL. He came to US in 1898

      Nesrsta, Rosalie 7 children/2 living 80 born Jan 1820 Nat 1870

      Anton's oldest son should be about 24 years old at this time. In the
      1900 census a few pages over (in Flatonia), there is a listing for a
      Charles E Nesrsta 24 born Nov 1875 Lawyer born in TX whose mother was
      born at sea. I believe this is his oldest son since he is right now,
      right age, and mom was born at sea.

      Wife - Annie 1 child born/1 child living 22 born Mar 1878 in TX
      Daughter - Annie - 6/12 born Nov 1899 in TX both parents born in TX

      If I have confused you, I am sorry.

      I don't know how all this fits into your tree.

      Gerri