Fw: Pustejovsky

  • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001

      Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 3:18 PM
      Subject: Pustejovsky

      Darlene,
           Thanks for the info.  Some I had and some I did not so I was able to add to my data (which I love!).  I had to go all the way back to Vaclav Dvorak/Pustejovsky(1655) who's  children were  your ancestor - Jan Dvorak/Pustejovsky (1677) and my husband's ancestor Martin Dvorak/Pustejovsky (1689).  Talked about related way, way back!  Ha! How many greats would that be?  I assume that the name Pustejovsky came from the place Pustejov but how does Dvorak come in?  Well now we know how we are related.

      Karen

    • darlenbaker@cs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hi,

        about the Dvorak name-- I guess that ggggpa just wanted to change his name. Maybe he did something for him to want to change his name from Dvorak to Pustejovsky.

        Who knows!!

        nice to know where you guys fit in the picture. I also have another obit of my ggpa Joseph Pustejovsky bro also in Czech from the Vestnik paper.
        His name is Felix Pustejovksy.

        Oh and Great gpa Pustejovsky died of a impacted tooth. If you would like to add that little tidbit to your stuff.

        Take care and keep in touch.

        darlene baker
      • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
          Darlene,
               Would love to have Felix's obit too if you have the time.  Thanks for the additional info.

          Karen

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 21, 2002

            Karen, my grandfather was born on the 19th of April, 1875 in Veska Vice, Moravia.  He died Jan. 7, 1969.   I was a Pustejovsky.  Does that fit into your research. My son Gary, has some software for the family so am sure he would be interested. I am just starting out in computers so I have a lot to learn.  Kay

          • Andy & Karen Pustejovsky
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 21, 2002
              Kay,
                   Could you give Gary my email.  Maybe we can put our files together and see where we intersect.  I will look forward to finding out.  Did you grow up in the Wallis area by any chance?   That is where my father-in-law, Leonard Pustejovsky grew up.  He was born in 1925.  There is also a bunch of Pustejovskys in West, Tx.  We are cousins from way back in Pustejov, Moravia!  It is all very interesting.

              Karen