Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Birth, Marriage and Divorce Records on RootsWeb.com

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2001
      I knew it was coming.  In time I can do look-ups. But not right now.  It took a long time for me to learn that I have time for only 2 things. This came about just recently when I had to give up a project on another list.  If I try to take on more then 2,  I end up disappointing people and making it seem like I am unreliable.

      At this time I have been working on my Clooz project and I am 150 obits behind.   The obits fell behind due to the holidays and my focus on the Clooz program. These are the two things I am working on.  Doing The Clooz has made me realize how much I have set aside my own genealogy for other things.  I have tons of data I have not entered or even look at.  Once I started pulling things out and sorting them.  I found more information then I had even remember having. Plus my little library has alot of information I have not added to my genealogy, because I have been telling myself "I'll do it later".  That do it later attitude is what created the stacks of data I had forgotten about.  So I decided I need to stay focused on my genealogy and add one other project. Which at this time is getting caught up on the obits.

      My future projects are to finish my photo project, re-walk and trible check my data for the Frydek Cemetery one last time on my vacation in Dec. This will complete the Cemetery project, so it will be ready for the new book or CD, whenever they finish all the cemeteries in Austin County.

      Also on my Vacation I will be going to Bay City on a new major lead on part of my family in that area. I have managed to make contact with a person who can be very helpful to me.  And has connections to the courthouse, church and newspaper. Plus she is willing to take me to two cemeteries to take photos of family members.

       I also have collect in the last 2 weeks about 300 obits for my area and have not had time to even look at them closely.  There are maybe 400-500 more obits I can get for the Frydek/Sealy area but I have not had the time to go get them.

      I am also working with Joy to get the Frydek cemetery registered with Austin County as a Historical site. It is registered with the state, but not with the county. And I am trying to help her gather data for a new book "Veterans of Austin County".

      I have just received a two volume book with about 800 family histories in it.  If I can ever get even, I plan on doing look-ups on these two books for the group. Plus it has some of my family members in it.

      The above is not quite a complete list of things I have going on, but it is close. So Matt as you can see, the willingness is there, but the time is not.  I have maybe two hours a day I can do things, without taking away from family time. So this limits me on what I can do. And I would rather say not at this time, then disappoint everyone.

      But, I will add it to the list and when the time permits, I'll let you know.  Maybe I can do the look-up in the books and the Texas index at the same time.

      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez
      salvarez@...
      "Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology"
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~alvarez/
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hey Matt,

        Will this link suffice for now? (I'll be really mad if this link
        disappears!!!)

        http://www.publicrecordfinder.com/texas.html

        Jan

        http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
        > You probably knew this question was coming, but can you do lookups?
        >
        > Matt
        >
        > --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "salvarez" <salvarez@p...> wrote:
        > > Yes, I did. If I remember correctly it took me about 2
        > > months of running over to my brothers house off and on to
        > > download the files. Once I had them downloaded on his
        > > computer, I burned them on CD. I have all the marriages,
        > > births and death the Texas site posted. I believe there are
        > > 7 to 10 CDS. I would have to pull them out of my bookcase
        > > and count them to say for sure.
        > >
        > > Posting from work
        > > Steve Alvarez
        > >
        > > > Steve> Did you download the entire database?<BR>

      • Cindy Harvey
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2001
          The search box is still there, but when you put in items and try to search,
          you get a message that you are not allowed access to the data on the server.
          Bummer....

          Cindy

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 4, 2001
            Jan:

            I could pull up the link but received the message "The page cannot be
            displayed".

            I am fortunate that I pulled up the records of most of my close
            related ancestors some time ago. So I have most of what I needed.

            I am also fortunate that I live within a 100 miles of where most of my
            ancestors were born.

            Erwin
            > Will this link suffice for now? (I'll be really mad if this link
            > disappears!!!)
            >
            > http://www.publicrecordfinder.com/texas.html
            >
            > Jan
            >

            > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
            > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Gilbert Bohuslav
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 4, 2001
              I was able to pull up the link without any problem.

              Gilbert Bohuslav

            • toni@stic.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 4, 2001
                Oh my gosh Matt, I was just on this site. But I tried to pull something up now as a test and it is no longer working. I wish I had taken down all the info I needed. What a drag. I'm afraid Steve will be everybody's best friend soon....

                http://mail2web.com/ .