Surnames

  • Richard Garza
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 22, 2000
      Hi Listers,
      Couldn't remember which list was looking for some of the surnames, but I
      found the following names: Kamencak, Kotrla, Poncik, Machalec, Vitek &
      Blazek at:

      http://www.inetport.com/~jdkc/fowndx.html
      Hope this helps someone.
      Rick Garza
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Mapetras5@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2000
        I will probably forget now and again. When I first joined the first thing I
        did was scour the archives for my surname interests. So this being said I am
        posting them now and will try to do it often. I don't know how to put
        something to be constantly used and not constantly written. I would
        appreciate any help. :-)

        Kathie in TX

        Laza, Patak (Potak), Bobalik, Honza, Pekar, Bednarik, Slovak
      • Jana Vaculik
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 14, 2000
          My surnames are as follows
          Vaculik
          Thal
          Simcik
          Rojik
          Pistek
          Valchar

        • Debbie
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 24, 2000
            Here's the list of names I am searching for right now.

            Blaha
            Kubena
            Ondrasek

            Thanks
            Debbie Ondrasek
          • pallusathena@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 26, 2000
              Hi Debbie:

              Do not know if there is a relationship here, but I do have a Mary Catherine
              Ondrasek born 1903 in CZ that married Theodore Dusek, grandson of my
              gggrandfather, Jan Dusek and Rozara Motlova Dusek. I have no parents listed
              for her and the spelling is not the same, but the names are. Does this ring
              a bell? If so, let me know.

              Kathleen
              texasczechs@egroups.com wrote:

              > Here's the list of names I am searching for right now.
              >
              > Blaha
              > Kubena
              > Ondrasek
              >
              > Thanks
              > Debbie Ondrasek

              Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
              http://webmail.netscape.com/
            • Debbie
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 27, 2000
                It doesn't sound familiar but I am new. I can let you know if I find
                something.

                Debbie

                > Do not know if there is a relationship here, but I do have a Mary
                Catherine
                > Ondrasek born 1903 in CZ that married Theodore Dusek, grandson of my
                > gggrandfather, Jan Dusek and Rozara Motlova Dusek. I have no parents
                listed
                > for her and the spelling is not the same, but the names are. Does this
                ring
                > a bell? If so, let me know.
                >
                > Kathleen
                > texasczechs@egroups.com wrote:
                > >
                > > Here's the list of names I am searching for right now.
                > >
                > > Blaha
                > > Kubena
                > > Ondrasek
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Debbie Ondrasek

              • Debbie
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 29, 2000
                  I have a few more names to add to my list

                  Polcak
                  Orsak

                  Debbie
                • Pat Lyon
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                    Richard Kotlra:

                    I note several names in your surname database that show up in Orsak connections, like Kristoff, Poncik, Minter.  Do you know if any of your family ties trace to Orsak?

                    Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F. Sommerfeld)
                    patsroar@...
                    Researching:
                    Maternal line: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Bacak, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,Slovak, et al
                    Paternal line: Sommerfeld, Behnke, Baier, Knuppel, Naumann, Schulz, Knuppel, Ludwig, Thiele, Prescher, Hennig, Buro, Schwarz, Zellmer, Miihlhause, et al.
                  • Jan
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 15 7:27 PM
                      Is anyone out there aware of any Czech names to the effect of:  "Makuicka or Mokovecu," and "Gazdik?"
                      Thanks.
                      Jan

                    • Mary Holy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
                        Heather
                        I haven't forgotten about you. Give me a little time and I will get back
                        with you on some of the names. There are some that are kin.
                        Mary (Soukup) Holy
                        Researching
                        Holy-Smajstrla-Hutrya-Michna-Mashek
                        Novotny-Kvasnica-Reman-Cizek-Bararek-Bordsky
                        Soukup-Kracmer-Hegr-Hlavaty-Hynesova-Horejosove-Knedle
                        Petr-Petter-Kubala-Matus-Bacova-Bacza-Baca-Klimickova-Vojtkova-Krenek

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 12, 2002
                          Heather,
                          Sorry I am so slow and getting back to you. The Baca I have is Rosalie
                          Baca b. 6-8-1852 married Josef Petter. They where my gr gr grandparents.
                          Rosalie parents names where Johann (Bacza) Baca and Johanna Klimickova.

                          Martin Petter b. 1882 d. 1-14-1977 married Julie Gerik. His parents where
                          Josef b. 6-14-1840 and Rosalie (Baca) Petter b.6-8-1852 d. 3-6-1934 buried
                          in West.

                          My great grandmother Katerina Hlavaty b.11-16-1871 in Kortya, d.4-28-1944
                          married Vaclav Soukup. Her parents where Frank Hlavaty and Marie Hynesova.

                          JoAnn Smajstrla and John Lee Gerik. JoAnn's parents where Charles J and
                          Helen (Wernet)
                          Smajstrla. Charles J. and my husband grandmother Ludmilla(Smajstrla) Holy
                          where brother and sister. Another sister to Charles and Ludmilla was Wilma
                          (Smajstrla) Scanio married to Dr Thomas Scanio, a well know ob-gyn in the
                          Waco area.
                          I also know one of JoAnn's son's Tom. He is with the Robinson School
                          District and his wife Caroline is a teacher there. Their children and mine
                          are out of school know, so I don't see them very much.
                          I hope this helps.

                          If you need anything else let me know. It might take me a little time,
                          since it is tax time here on the farm. Lots of paper work has to be done at
                          the start of the year

                          Mary (Soukup) Holy
                          Researching
                          Holy-Smajstrla-Hutrya-Michna-Mashek
                          Novotny-Kvasnica-Reman-Cizek-Bararek-Bordsky
                          Soukup-Kracmer-Hegr-Hlavaty-Hynesova-Horejosove-Knedle
                          Petr-Petter-Kubala-Matus-Bacova-Bacza-Baca-Klimickova-Vojtkova-Krenek
                          > I saw on your list of surnames that are some of the ones that I am
                          > researching. They include: Smajstrla, Hlavaty, Petter, and Baca. I
                          > have tried to find more about the people associated with these
                          > surnames and have had little luck. Maybe you can help me.
                          >
                          > Mariana Baca - my gggrandmother - born 5 Sept 1866
                          > Martin Petter - married Julie Gerik, daugther of Frank and Mariana
                          > (Baca) Gerik, I have their daugther, and family but not the
                          > parents of Martin
                          > Antonia Hlavaty - married Peter Geryk/Gerik - son of Frank and
                          > Mariana (Baca) Gerik
                          > JoAnn Smajstrla - married John Lee Gerik
                          >
                          > If any of these names sound familiar, let me know.
                          >
                          > Heather

                        • jdkc
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 8, 2005

                             Rick,

                            Is that "KOTRBA" a typo, or is that a real name?

                            JD
                          • Huckabee Carol
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
                              Hi,