Off Topic - The Death of George Harrison

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
      I know this is off-topic, and it is obvious that this is an extremely
      sad day for The Beatles' fans and really just fans of music in
      general. I, myself, though only 18, am a huge Beatles fan. In fact,
      earlier this week, I purchased a vinyl record of Abbey Road, known by
      Beatles' experts as the band's last album.

      This is, truly, a sad day for the world.

      Matt
    • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
        That's OK, Matt; I'm glad you acknowledged them today. They were such a
        great influence on music and our perception of changing standards--in
        music, dress, even hairstyles. Personally, my favorites from George
        Harrison were "My Sweet Lord" and "Here Comes the Sun."

        Leona
        *****

        Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D., Director
        Office of Institutional Research
        Rice University
        P. O. Box 1892
        Houston, TX 77251-1892
        713-348-6258 (o) - 713-348-6252 (fax)

        I know this is off-topic, and it is obvious that this is an extremely
        sad day for The Beatles' fans and really just fans of music in
        general. I, myself, though only 18, am a huge Beatles fan. In fact,
        earlier this week, I purchased a vinyl record of Abbey Road, known by
        Beatles' experts as the band's last album.

        This is, truly, a sad day for the world.

        Matt

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Matt
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
          Personally, my favorites from George Harrison were "My Sweet Lord"
          and "Here Comes the Sun."

          Those are two of my favorites as well in addition to "Isn't It A
          Pity" (Now, how appropriate is that!) and of course "Taxman."

          Matt