7899Re: [TexasCzechs] Information On Summer Genealogy Conference

  • Mary J. Heard
    Jun 9, 2001
      Richard, Jak se mas?

      I tried sending this to your verizon e-mail address and it was returned
      saying the "recipient was not liked," so I will use your texasczechs
      address.

      I received your message "Information on Summer Genealogy Conference" with
      no problem. However, the attachment was, for me, a great problem. My
      eyesight poses certain limits on what I can do at the computer. One of the
      limitations I have is reading long messages on the screen. It is much
      easier to print the message and read the hard copy at a good reading angle
      (glare is a problem) and good light, without having to scroll and read it
      on the screen.

      Now, the attachment was 44 pages long and began with several pages of
      computer language characters. The readable portion of the message did not
      begin until about page 20 and was scattered throughout until the end. This
      meant printing all 44 pages to read the message and also to get the
      application form and the schedule of events and etc.

      I tried going to the archives and retrieving the attachment that way. But
      the result was the same.

      What kind of setting on my computer or method should I use so I do not have
      to wade through all the computer language stuff? I hope you can solve this
      puzzle for me.

      Mary J. Heard
      mjkraitc@...