74103Re: [TexasCzechs] Searching for Employer of Maid-my ancestor

  • Peggy Harmon
    Apr 26, 2014
      Sorry to be so late in responding, due to unforeseen circumstances I'm juggling to many roles lately.

      First and far most I want to respond to  Paul, it was never my intentions offending anyone, by using the term "that" in my writing.  I find all of my blood lines interesting even if I wasn't aware of any particular ethnicity, I myself refer to me as a Heinz 57, because I have a little of everything.  I embrace and I am proud of every ounce of it.

      Rosemary, I didn't have a family tree made until afterwards, because I wondered, but it did connect me to people later showing me moderately related, when nothing in their tree nor mine link but 1 last name being same???? so I wondered how they were determining relationships.  I did the DNA primarily to match to a 2nd family that my 3rd grt grandfather deserted my grandmother in 1870's never to be heard of again.  The 2nd family and I know it's him, but we thought it would hit to confirm us from him, and it did not....but we hit on 2 same cousins so we know we have a connection.  I plan on doing a grandparent lineage DNA I found on line and they specifically gene marker to prove he is the same man.

      Peggy Harmon, CPC
      "Texas is My Heart"
      New Braunfels "is my home"

      On Sunday, April 20, 2014 2:18 PM, Leroy Janda <ljanda@...> wrote:

      I agree 1000%, wife had the same results.

      I think they try and go and find all family trees where she was posted, and used that to calculate the %. Probably did not even do a dna.

      On Apr 20, 2014, at 9:48 AM, Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...> wrote:

      Peggy,

      The Ancestry DNA test is a rip off.  My cousin, who is 100% German, took it.  They sent him a lovely pie chart and European map showing he was Scandinavian and English.

      If you want an accurate DNA test consider the National Geographic DNA test.  You pay more, but it is more accurate.

      Rosemary