      Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:10 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Yahoo issues

      Cindy,

      I haven't found a solution, but apparently, somehow, our group was changed to restricted from public. Unfortunately, there's this note under the group types:

      Restricted and Private groups cannot be made Public later

      As for the photos, it seems we still can attach them, or at least I don't see the causes of why we cannot. It looks like all of the attachments are being placed in the aptly named "Attachments" section (Across the screen, you have Conversations, Photos, and then Attachments).

      Seems to be taking the site a longer time than usual to load, too.

      Hope this helps some.

      Matt Cross

      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      From: cindyneal@...
      Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:54:46 -0500
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Obit: Henry E. Beseda, Jr. (1920-2013)

      I’m having problems myself. They changed out photo to one of San Francisco, and I could not get the CHS Logo to upload, so if you see a picture of a harvest, this is my Pinter family in West. I’m still working on the logo format.

      I really dislike the new format. You do have to go to “conversations” to read the messages. Also, evidently photo attachments are no longer accepted. I was going to suggest putting them in our photos folder, but see that I can’t even access that. Somehow I also set the group where new members have to be approved. It’s not a problem to approve them, but feel some folks don’t want to have to apply, so I’m trying to figure out how to change it.

      I’m in several other Yahoo groups, and they are all having the same problems, so it’s something Yahoo did to change all the sites. I’m having a learning curve, big time.  Bear with us. Maybe Matt can figure it out Smile

      Cindy

      Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:01 AM

      Mike,

      I usually access the TexasCzechs website daily to avoid posting duplicate obits, and I must say the new format is giving me some grief as well.  I’ve even had difficulty opening an obit to check the first lines.  From what I can tell, you have to click on “conversations” to access an obit, but I may be wrong.

      Cindy, is there a tutorial for this new format?

      Rosemary