71308RE: [TexasCzechs] hajek/kropacek/kolar

  • Matt Cross
    Aug 7, 2013
      Do you have any other dates or locations to go along with the information. Hajek is a fairly common surname even in Texas, and there seems to be concentrations of this family name in Lavaca and surrounding counties as well as in McLennan County.
      I descend from Jan Hajek of Volsovice or Olsovice, Bohemia, through his daughter Terezie who married Bernhardt Berckenhoff. Several of Jan's other children -- as far as I can tell, all of them who lived to adulthood -- also immigrated to Texas.
      Some of the other members in this group descend from Jan's nephew Martin Hajek.
      Matt Cross
      > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      > From: trifftruff@...
      > Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:24:00 +0000
      > Subject: [TexasCzechs] hajek/kropacek/kolar
      > Hi!
      > I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you.
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com