71290Re: hajek/kropacek/kolar

  • trifftuff
    Aug 5, 2013
      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Cathy Hajek <cathyhajek@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > My name is James Hajek and my grandfather was Joseph Hajek and settled in Gonzales county and later moved to Shiner Texas in 1951 until death in 1968.
      > you can reach me at cathyhajek@...
      > Thanks

      Thanks for the response so quickly. Grandpa was Joseph. He had bothers - Frank, Jerry, Billy, Edward, Charles,John and Jerry. They were all self taught musicians. Billy was in "Ripley's Believe It or Not" 1939 for playing the longest amount of time without stopping. Charles was a child prodigy- played the violin, he married Viola who played the cello. Bill played over 151 hours without stopping. Grandparents were Vincent and Mary Franz, and Frances Helen Kropacek. She died very young. The Frances Helen line had 3 girls....Lillian Olga, Valeria and Edythe.
      Thanks. Keep up the good work!

      > Hi!
      > I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic