71013Re: [TexasCzechs] Mother/baby burial in 1918

  • Pat Cosper
    Jul 16, 2013
      In the late 1970's the Army Corps of Engineers relocated graves that were once in the area and flood plain of what is now the Granger Lake and Dam. If there were no gravestones a funeral home temporary metal marker was placed on the relocated grave. Check w/Corps of Engineers for info. I worked for them at that time when the Granger Lake & Georgetown Lake (North Fork Lake at that time) were being constructed between 1973 & 1979. Good luck.
      Pat Cosper

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 15, 2013, at 8:25 PM, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

      I have a relative that died in childbirth. Her child also died and I have a copy of their death certificates stating that they were buried in Granger. However, I have not been able to find out which cemetery they are in.

      I have checked Catholic Archives and not found a record of an internment from that time period. In fact, there appeared to be a gap in the records, but I don't know if that was because there were no internments during that 2 month time or there was a lapse in record keeping.

      Findagrave hasn't helped either, because I don't think that they would have been given markers anyway. Another relative (my dad's bachelor uncle) died in 1958 and went without a marker for 50 years.

      So, do I rely on the death certificates that state that they are in a Granger somewhere? Or is there something that I don't know about Catholic burials from 1918 that may help me?

      Valorie Michna

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic