70307RE: [TexasCzechs] Texans and storms and explosions

  • Matt Cross
    May 20, 2013
      Pat,

      I know Rosemary posted the article about Mr. Zaludek. On my non-Czech side, I have one relative who was killed in a tornado near Marlin, Texas, in April 1885.

      Matt

      I have been searching to find who were the ones that lost their lives in Ennis from that storm.  My grandpa, Anton Trojacek, lost the barn that was on our farm; I remember that the Laznovsky farm just 1/2 mile to the north east also had damage; a Zaludek lost his home to the south of Ennis and died from his injuries in June of that year who was the 7th victim.
      Pat
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic