70303RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech obits

  • niptrix
    May 20, 2013
      Rosemary,
      Thank you so much for all your hard work on the Czech obits!  I know I'm just one of many that your tireless research has helped immensely over the years.  Have a great time with the quilting!!

      Pat Mercincavage

      Sent from Samsung tablet

      Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...> wrote:

      Hello Texas Czechs,

      The last of the ā€œZā€ obits went out tonight.  I have about 400 more obits left.  I am still researching online at night and checking the newspapers and funeral home every week.   One of my projects is to go once a week to the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through the La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits.  The newspaper begins in 1880, and I have typed eight obits from it so far.  Going through a newspaper on microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.

      As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out 3 or 5 or no obits.  I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them.  Newsprint is black and white.  Working with colors and design will be a fun change for me.

      Rosemary

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic