70297Re: Czech obits

  • Mike
    May 19, 2013
      Rosemary,

      Many thanks for your efforts over the past four years and almost four
      months in posting so many obituaries. A quick check revealed that you
      started posting obits in earnest on Jan 28, 2009. Do you have a count
      on how many you have posted so far?

      You have certainly earned a rest!

      Mike Hejl

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Ermis" wrote:

      > Hello Texas Czechs,
      >
      > The last of the "Z" obits went out tonight. I have about 400 more
      obits
      > left. I am still researching online at night and checking the
      newspapers
      > and funeral home every week. One of my projects is to go once a week
      > the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through
      the
      > La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits. The newspaper begins in
      1880,
      > and I have typed eight obits from it so far. Going through a
      newspaper on
      > microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.
      >
      > As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out
      3 or 5
      > or no obits. I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them.
      Newsprint is
      > black and white. Working with colors and design will be a fun change
      for
      > me.
      >
      > Rosemary

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic