68822Re: Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 5897

  • Allen Livanec
    Feb 25, 2013
       I am trying to find it. My grandfather Matej Livanec is in the photo.

      From: Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@...>
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, February 25, 2013 9:25:47 AM
      Subject: Fw: Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 5897

      -

      Allen, My grgrgr Uncle was Jan Valigura who helped form the SPJST in 1897 in La Grange to replace the National C.S.P.S. which was based in Chicago, Des Moines, and Cleveland.who they felt was not treating the members who were mostly farmers with the Northern members who were mostly miners and factory workers.  A.J. Blaha wrote of the founding in his book:  Hranice:  The Moravian Settlement on the Yegua.    My Uncle Jan moved to Taiton before 1900.  Allen, do you have a picture of the members of the SPJST in Taiton?  paulasmaggie

      newspaper Vestnik, Wednesday, July 7, 2010

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis

      Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Rosemary Ermis" rose.ermis

      ENNIS, Texas -- Funeral services for Raymond Taraba, 40, of Ennis, vice
      president of Datum Structure Engineering Co. in Dallas and owner of a
      hardware store in Lancaster, will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday in Keever
      Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in Myrtle Cemetery.

      He was killed Tuesday in an auto accident.

      Taraba was an Army veteran and a member of First Presbyterian Church in
      Ennis.

      Dallas Morning News, January 12, 1978

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis

      Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Rosemary Ermis" rose.ermis

      Well known and respected San Antonio resident, Richard Louis Toupal, DDS of
      San Antonio passed on to our Lord on Friday, April 15th, 2011 at the age of
      54.

      Richard was born to Sylvia and Louis J. Toupal at Presidio of San Francisco
      on October 8th, 1956. Spending his youth as an "Army Brat" Richard lived
      throughout the United States and overseas with his family finally settling
      in the Alamo City in 1968.

      A star athlete and graduate of Fort Sam Houston' s Cole High School Class of
      1974, Richard continued his education under an Army scholarship at Trinity
      University graduating in1978. He went on to receive his medical education at
      the University of Houston graduating as a Doctor of Dental Science in 1982.
      True to his family roots, Richard immediately entered the US Army as a
      Dental Corps Officer serving from 1982 to 1987 at home and abroad in Korea.
      As Major Toupal, he continued his service to country as a military dentist
      in the Army Reserve.

      Upon his departure from active service, Richard established his dental
      practice, Richard L.Toupal Orthodontics, in San Antonio in 1989. His highly
      successful practice soon grew in both size and reputation. Known as "Doctor
      T" by his staff, he loved them as a second family. Above all Richard lived
      life to its fullest, his sense of humor, dry wit, love of family and passion
      for fine wine and entertaining were his hallmarks.

      Richard is survived by his loving wife of 18 years, GiGi, daughter Kourtney
      Hutchinson, sons Jason and Justin Fellows, parents Sylvia Adele and Louis J.
      Toupal, MAJ USA (R), brothers Ronald Glenn Toupal and Thomas Edward Toupal,
      and younger sister, Katherine Elizabeth Alexander. Richard will be missed by
      all that knew him, never be forgotten and forever loved by friends and
      family.

      Visitation will be held from 6PM-9PM with a rosary to be recited at 7:00 PM
      Thursday, April 21, 2011 at Sunset Funeral Home Chapel. A brief graveside
      ceremony with family and close friends will be held with military honors at
      a later date at the Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers,
      a donation to the American Heart Association is appreciated.

      Sunset Funeral Home

      Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "jbucek2001" jbucek2001

      Allen, if you gave someone the picture at Bingo, then SPJST Lodge 40 has a picture of the hall. I will see some of the Lodge 40 members next Sunday at the District Six meeting. Thanks! Janie Bucek

      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Allen Livanec wrote:

      > I gave a large photo of the original hall to somebody at Bingo night at the
      > hall. If you want another one I will send it to you. Just give me the address
      > and I will mail it.
      >
      > Allen Livanec
      > Pearland, TX.
      >
      > PS.  I had our wedding reception there on June 6, 1970. The hall burned in
      > August 1970.
      >

      > ____________ _________ _________ __

      Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "t j slansky" tjslansky@...

      Janie and Allen,

      What I am looking for is a group picture of the members of the Hillje Lodge
      that was published in the SPJST Pamatnik in about 1923.

      In the book it lists my mother's father Peter Stepan and his children.

      It is difficult to recognize the persons as it was a large group.

      I have a copy of the page with the picture and information.

      Thanks,

      TJ

      Allen, if you gave someone the picture at Bingo, then SPJST Lodge 40 has a
      picture of the hall. I will see some of the Lodge 40 members next Sunday at
      the District Six meeting. Thanks! Janie Bucek

      Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Allen Livanec" allen.livanec@...

      I have a photo of the Taiton Hall members. My grandfather helped build it. I
      found a photo in a book of SPJST halls. I will check and see if has Hillje in
      it.

      Allen Livanec
      Pearland. Tx.

      Allen, if you gave someone the picture at Bingo, then SPJST Lodge 40 has a
      picture of the hall. I will see some of the Lodge 40 members next Sunday at
      the District Six meeting. Thanks! Janie Bucek

      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog
      GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE