68592Re: Citation of Matriky records

  • kate.challis
    Feb 12, 2013
      I emailed familysearch, and here is their response:

      Dear Kate Challis,
      Thank you for contacting FamilySearch regarding the correct way to cite sources from the matriky.archives.cz site.

      We have attached a document that outlines the correct format for citing sources. There is a Related References tab at the bottom of the article that you would benefit from reading. In this article there is a site for Internet Site source citing that you may find valuable.

      We signed into Google and keyed up matriky.archives.cz. The second hit gave us a site called "Czech Genealogy for Beginners." You may find some good information there as well.

      In case you are not aware of how to find one, we have also attached a document that will walk you through the process of locating a Family History Center near you. There are skilled volunteers there who will be pleased to work with you. We suggest you call ahead for an appointment.

      Please click on the blue links below to open the documents.

      You are probably aware of the 8 Czech sites currently available on familysearch.org.

      Please check this site occasionally, as there will be additions to those sites already online in the future that may be of assistance to you in searching out your family.

      We thank you for your e-mail, and wish you continued success in your family research.

      Sincerely,

      FamilySearch
      Patron and Partner Services
      support@...

      Here is the link that familysearch included:
      https://help.familysearch.org/kb/UserGuide/en/fsbeta/wiki/r_wiki_examples_of_source_citations_in_wiki_articles.html

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kate.challis" wrote:

      > Hey y'all,
      >
      > I was wondering how you cite an image from the matriky.archives database. What are your thoughts?
      >
      > Kate

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic