68573Re: Citation of Matriky records

  • vmichna
    Feb 12, 2013
      I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth. I took the info for the records that was on the cover page for a particular volume and plugged it into the fields in the master sources list in FTM.

      Rimskokatolicka fara Ostrava-Stara Bela, Marriage Record: Stara Bela, Moravia, Austria 1843-1886, (Inventory #1884), Page 113, Image 57.

      Some fields lined up perfectly and others I improvised on, but all of the info was recorded in the master list. I also included a description and the web address in the master list description. This way every record from the Matriky looks the same in my citations and all I have to do is specify a specific page when I use a certain book over and over again.

      I fudged my master source titles by calling them something like "Marriage Record: Town, Province, Country yyyy-yyyyy", but everything else like the author, call number, location, ect stayed the same and was plugged into the corresponding field in the master list.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kate.challis" wrote:

      > Here is the best I can figure by myself. What do you think?
      > CITING MATRIKY SOURCES
      >
      > Source List Entry:
      > Czech Republic. North Moravia. "N, I-N • 1833 - 1859 • 1470 • P VIII 10 • Lichnov." Digital images. Regional Archives of Opava. Archivní Vade Mecum. http://www.matriky.archives.cz : February 2013
      >
      > First Reference Note:
      > Øímskokatolická fara Lichnov, o. Nový Jièín, N, I-N • 1833 - 1859 • 1470 • P VIII 10 • Lichnov," digital images, Czech Republic, North Moravia. Archivní Vade Mecum (http://www.matriky.archives.cz : accessed 10 Feb 2013), image 19.
      >
      > OR
      >
      > The Roman Catholic Parish of Lichnov, district of Nový Jièín. "N, I-N • 1833 - 1859 • 1470 • P VIII 10 • Lichnov," digital images, Czech Republic, North Moravia. Archivní Vade Mecum (http://www.matriky.archives.cz : accessed 10 Feb 2013), image 19.
      >
      > Subsequent Reference Notes:
      > Roman Catholic Parish of Lichnov, "N, I-N • 1833 - 1859 • 1470 • P VIII 10 • Lichnov," image 19.
      >
      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kate.challis" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey y'all,
      > >
      > > I was wondering how you cite an image from the matriky.archives database. What are your thoughts?
      > >
      > > Kate

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic