67128Re: Unable to read posts

  • Mike
    Nov 20, 2012
      Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
      scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
      listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
      amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
      appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
      fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
      Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.

      So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
      months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
      this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
      formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
      Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
      fully read a posted message.

      One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
      "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
      the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
      you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.

      Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
      to be a vexing problem.

      By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
      posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
      website.

      Mike Hejl

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

      > Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
      it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
      67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
      do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
      > As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
      between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
      say.

      > Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
      that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
      you?

      > Thanks, Lolly
      >
      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
      there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
      read 30 messages on one screen.

      > > Carl

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic