56880Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: obit: Eugene Thomas "Duck" Janak

  • Tony Janak
    May 6, 2011

      --- On Fri, 5/6/11, Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...> wrote:

      From: Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re: obit: Eugene Thomas "Duck" Janak
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, May 6, 2011, 8:02 AM

      I guess they are separated, me & Alice went to visit them
      when they move near sweet home him & her came
      to the dance couple times, then they quit. then he came
      Back to the hall by him self,i never knew her name

      I think she is still alive.  She is not mentioned among the dead in the obit, and I couldn't find that she was dead.

      Rosemary

      From: Rosemary Ermis <roseermis@...>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: Eugene Thomas "Duck" Janak
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 11:27 PM

      Mr. Eugene Thomas “Duck” Janak, 76, of Yoakum, died July 29, 2007. He was born on August 23, 1930 to Thomas F. & Matilda Opela Janak in Hallettsville. He retired from ALCOA after 35+ years, avid working member for church events, and a devoted catholic with the Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Sweet Home.
      Eugene was a man who loved the land and all that God had to offer, hunting and fishing was a large part of his life. Eugene was blessed with a great talent for music. He created the Polka Band “The Young Old Times”. Thru this music he will always be remembered and loved. When you hear the word Polka, the thought that comes to mind is Duck Janak. His belief in God and all that God created made Eugene Thomas Janak “Duck” a true hero in his family’s life.
      Duck is survived by: son Steven Wayne Janak & wife Cynthia; 3 grandchildren, Shawn Rubio, Steven Eugene Janak, and Cody Janak; and 9 great grandchildren.
      Duck was preceded in death by; daughter Susan Cooper, parents, and brother Dennis Edward Janak.
      Service: 11 am, Thursday, August 2, 2007 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Visitation: 12 Noon, Wednesday at Kubena Funeral Home. Rosary: 7 pm, Wednesday, Kubena Funeral Home. Burial: Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery. Officiate: Rev. John Peters.  Pallbearers:  Billy Moore, Harvey Janak, Robert Janak, and Steven Janak Jr.  Memorials (in lieu of flowers): Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, or Donor’s Choice.
      Kubena Funeral Home - Hallettsville
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic