      From: Diane Ashour <ashour_23@...>
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, March 11, 2011 4:25:33 PM
      Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] pickle recipe

      Mom says that this is from one of my Czech grandmothers.

      Dill Pickles

      4 c. water

      1 c. vinegar

      1 c. sugar

      ¼ c. canning salt

      cucumbers

      dill

      Bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Put a piece of dill in each hot sterilized canning jar. Put cucumbers in jars, packing tightly. Pour hot brine over cucumbers; seal jars. Process in hot water bath 3 minutes. This makes enough brine for about 3 quarts.

      -- Bessie Kubicek Hellinger

      Diane Ashour