      To: undisclosed recipients
      Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:40 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] My Computer is Fixed

      Everyone:
      On 9/14/2010, my computer was hacked. Someone assumed my email identity and sent emails to all of my contacts as if I had sent them, stating I was robbed and stranded in London and to send $$$ to return home.  I'm hoping you did not  loose any $$$ on my
      account.  Then the hacker erased all of my contacts.
      I had to have my computer de-virused and had a new/different anti-virus installed..
      (I had to change passwords ) and ever since that day I have not received any incoming emails from anyone. On 9/30/2010, I carried my computer back to the technicians and was told it's now a 'provider' problem. After sitting on the phone with ATT for almost 2hrs today, the technician found out why I was not getting any incoming emails. Under 'Options / Spam'  there is a "forward all my emails to-------". Well that box is supposed to be blank, but instead had a person's name (whom I do not know) and all incoming emails since 9/14/2010 went to that person---probably the hacker.  So, if you sent me anything important during that time period, please feel free to re-send it to me now that I have this problem straightened out.
      Also, you might check your own "Options / Spam" and make sure there is not a name in the "forward all my emails to-----".
      I will be turning this information over to FBI Internet Crimes (ICC.gov).  Maybe they can find out who it was by just his email address.

      Pat Cosper

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic