      Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 10:47 AM
      Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Is anyone out there?
       Steve and other CzechListers:

      My take on this is because of  our deep commitment to our faith and God.

      I am not Catholic, with my ancestors being called "Evangels" and were active in promoting Protestantism and the beliefs of Jan Hus.

      We, as Czechs, have always had and continue to have strong religious beliefs.

      Our ancestors, as we do today, depend on our God to get through the tough times and the good times.  And we as a people, have had and continue to have both.

      Richard K.