51424Re: [TexasCzechs] Murder of Joe Stefka's wife and child, 1905

  • Nangotoo
    May 3, 2010
      Even though the articles are more gossipy, more detailed than we are used to now, etc., I still enjoy reading the old newspapers online. Whenever you find a good article, please keep putting them online for us. Its interesting comparing the old writing styles and public interests to today's more politically "correct" themes. Sometimes I sit and keep laughing over something that was considered a big deal back then and the writing styles WERE unusual by today's standards. I used to laugh when reading my mom's Gonzales Inquirers (sent to her through the mail) every week in the 60's and '70's when they STILL would tell who was visiting whom and who was out of town going to a doctor or visiting relatives.
      Nan
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic