50345obit: Siddie Osward Orsak

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Mar 3, 2010

      Brazosport Facts, The (Clute, TX) - July 6, 2007

      Deceased Name: Siddie Osward Orsak

      Jak se Mas Family and Friends.

      With love and mercy, God took Siddie Osward Orsak from us Sunday evening, July 1, 2007. Sid was a 20-year resident of Boling, Texas. He moved to Boling with his loving wife, Bessie, of 22 years, who preceded him in death.

      We will never forget his quick wit and amazing ingenuity. His steadfastness and never-tiring nature was an inspiration to all who knew him. Mostly, we will never forget our love for him.

      Sid was born in Hallettsville, Texas, in 1924 to Frank William and Frances Prilucik. They moved to Bay City, Texas, where Sid spent most of his life. There, Siddie's love for fishing and boat-building kept him entertained for many years. He was a WWII veteran and fought on the Pacific front from the USS St. Paul. He worked and retired from Valero as a mechanic. Sid was always redesigning or inventing something. In his later years, he used his talents to build radio-controlled airplanes, which contained unique features designed by him for which he won many awards. He was well-known for his practical jokes and well-respected for his mechanical genius. His imprint on those around him is everlasting. We will all miss him dearly.

      Siddie is survived by three daughters, Vicki Allen and Edward of San Saba, Patty Wenckens of Houston and Yvonne Bartz and Phil of Minto, North Dakota; two sons, Danny Orsak of Houston and Ronnie Orsak of Houston; sister, Edna Mae Lynn Wright of Nevada; grandchildren, Kim White and Cash, Jennifer Stephenson and Joe, Jamie Nguyen and Bo, Joshua Orsak and Angelique, and Jeremiah Orsak; great-grandchildren, Katrella and Audrey Stephenson, and Taylor and Morgan Nguyen, stepdaughter, Mary Patterson of Angleton; stepgrandchildren, Cheryl Gardovsky, and Bo and Billy Ed Patterson; and stepgreat-grandchildren, Amber Sprague and Sara Patterson.

      He was preceded in death by his wife, Bessie Patterson Orsak; sisters, Mildred Hahn and Willie Ollie Junek; brother, Archie Orsak, and stepson, Billy Patterson.

      We welcome you to join us in celebrating his life. Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday at Palms Funeral Home in Angleton, Texas, (979) 849-4343, with a short graveside service to follow in the Angleton Cemetery.

      Visitation was held from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday at Palms Funeral Home.

      We would like to give heartfelt appreciation to all those who visited our father during his last days. It was a blessing to us. A prayer of thanks to his niece, LaVerne, whose angelic voice and loving touch guided him peacefully to the hand of God.

      Arrangements by Palms Funeral Home Angleton, Texas. Online condolences may be sent at www.palmsfuneralhome.com.