      From: epereira@... [SMTP:epereira@...]
      Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 12:00 PM
      To: texasczechs@egroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Is anyone out there?

      My mother was a young widow with 3 children. Two of whom were
      teenaged
      boys! She remarried a Polak, actually a saint, who else would take
      on a
      ready made family and
      make it his own. He was an outsider to us for about a minute. He had
      strong work ethic, he was kind, he put family first, went to church
      religiously and all the other things we were talking about. The only
      difference I see between the Czech and Polish influence I had was
      the
      fact the Polish could party hardy. You don't hear anyone say oh it
      was a
      Czech wedding but you do hear oh it was a Polish wedding. :>
      Lois Petter Pereira

      "Kotrla RJ (Richard)" wrote:

      > Gerri,
      >
      > If one can't be 100 percent Czech, being Czech and Polish is a
      pretty
      > good combination. You can get to share the cultural heritage of
      two
      > very unique ethnic groups. I believe, although I do not claim to
      be
      > an expert, that the two cultures are very similar in many ways.
      >
      > I am attending the July conference for the first time, myself.
      >
      > Charlene Hurta, Patrick Janis and others that are more involved
      and
      > have attended in past years hopefully will see your posting and
      > respond.
      >
      > I do know I am excited about the conference and will attend.
      >
      > I hope you and others will, too!!!

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic