      Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 9:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Is anyone out there?

      <Each day when I return home from the office, I can't wait to get to the email and see what's there.>

      Gerri, I was glad to hear that you are still interested in the list!

      Richard, now that you are back, perhaps, we can figure out a little more closely what people want to read.  I know we can cover a wide variety of topics and cover a broad span of interests; however, when I am almost the only one sending mail...my stories...one begins to wonder what folks really want to hear.

      For instance, Rick Garza and I held a extended discussion on the settlement patterns of the Texas Czechs (including the role of pro- and anti-sesession counties), and the importance of the blackland prairies (including a second migration).  At the time we were doing this, I thought, "Boy, would l like to hear other views and information on this.  I'd like to share it with the list"  However, since there has been so little traffic, the discussion stayed between Richard and myself.

      Another thing which I did think about, should this type of discussion go to the list, is ensuring that proper credit to the sources used to support the positions. Authors always are due and deserve recognition.

      Anyway...in the end, I figured this discussion would just send people off yawning.

      It would help to know what people are interested in.  I really don't wish to torture or at least bore folks.

      Susan Rektorik Henley