435Re: [TexasCzechs] Is anyone out there?

  • epereira@swbell.net
    Jun 11, 2000
      My mother was a young widow with 3 children. Two of whom were teenaged boys! She remarried a Polak, actually a saint, who else would take on a ready made family and
      make it his own. He was an outsider to us for about a minute. He had a strong work ethic, he was kind, he put family first, went to church religiously and all the other things we were talking about. The only difference I see between the Czech and Polish influence I had was the fact the Polish could party hardy. You don't hear anyone say oh it was a Czech wedding but you do hear oh it was a Polish wedding. :>
      Lois Petter Pereira

      "Kotrla RJ (Richard)" wrote:

      Gerri,

      If one can't be 100 percent Czech, being Czech and Polish is a pretty good combination. You can get to share the cultural heritage of two very unique ethnic groups.  I believe, although I do not claim to be an expert, that the two cultures are very similar in many ways.

      I am attending the July conference for the first time, myself.

      Charlene Hurta, Patrick Janis and others that are more involved and have attended in past years hopefully will see your posting and respond.

      I do know I am excited about the conference and will attend.

      I hope you and others will, too!!!