        From:  G. Martisek [SMTP:gmartisek@...]
        Sent:  Sunday, June 11, 2000 12:22 AM
        To:  Czech list
        Subject:  [TexasCzechs] Is anyone out there?

        I have to admit that I am one of the silent ones who has noticed the
        lack of email on the weekends and in general for the last few weeks.

        Each day when I return home from the office, I can't wait to get to the
        email and see what's there.  I am both Czech and Polish.  My husband is
        Czech so we have lots of relatives on both sides that I am
        researching.   On that note, do any of you out there have any thoughts
        to share about the upcoming genealogy conference?  I have looked at the
        agenda and really think that I would like to go, but just don't quite
        know for sure.

        One thing that I have noticed is that most of the sessions are only
        presented once and often they are in competition with another session
        that seems really good as well.  What's a person to do?  Are the
        sessions taped? or will the material be available to the conference
        attendees from each session?

        Any thoughts would be appreciated.

        I, too, have missed hearing from you, Richard.  I have spent a little
        time looking at the Texas birth, death, and marriage/divorce records and
        am really excited about it.  Unfortunately, time (or lack thereof) is a
        factor.

        I will try to do a better job at joining in the list.  Take care and
        keep the messages coming!

        Gerri Martisek