41231RE: [TexasCzechs] Obit: Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"

  • Matt Cross
    Dec 4, 2008
      My condolences on your uncle's passing. It is amazing that he and your aunt were blessed with over 60 years of marriage.

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...

      > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      > From: jesenwei@...
      > Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:48:15 +0000
      > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Obit: Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"
      >
      > My Uncle Bill was not Czech, but was married to my Aunt Delores
      > (Piwetz) for over 60 years.
      >
      > Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"
      >
      > On November 28, 2008, WILLIAM CASWELL (BILL) ROWLETT, JR., age 84,
      > did go gentle into that good night. He is done with suffering now and
      > beyond all pain. Born November 14, 1924 to William C. Rowlett, Sr.,
      > and Myrtle Johnson Rowlett, he was a child of the depression and a
      > member of the U. S. Army Air Corps in World War II. A graduate of
      > Milby High School, he attended the University of Houston for 3 years
      > after the war. He worked most of his life for Main Glass and
      > Binswanger Glass in Houston. That rare individual, a native
      > Houstonian, he was a dynamic member of numerous civic organizations,
      > and he devoted countless hours to Scouting and community development
      > efforts. He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Dolores Marie
      > Rowlett, son William Douglas Rowlett, daughter-in-law Linda Lussier
      > Rowlett, grandson Ellis Robinson Giles and his wife Mary Helen Giles,
      > grandson William Caswell Rowlett III, grandson Evan William Rowlett,
      > and great-grandson Alden Samuel Giles. All who met him liked him. All
      > who came to know him came to love him. A caring, gentle, honorable
      > man, his spirit, advice, humor, and kindness will be sorely missed.
      > Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, December 3, in Brenham
      > Memorial Chapel. Interment will be Thursday at Forest Park Cemetery,
      > Lawndale, in Houston. Services are in the care of: BRENHAM MEMORIAL
      > CHAPEL 2300 Stringer, Brenham, TX, 77833 979-836-3611 www.brenham-
      > memorial-chapel.com
      > Published in the Houston Chronicle from 12/1/2008 - 12/2/2008

      Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic