40854RE: [TexasCzechs] surname Fikac

  • Matt Cross
    Oct 21, 2008
      Doris,

      Although I cannot help you with the surname meaning question, I must ask: Do you descend from Emil Sembera and his wife? I do not have his wife's name, but her mother Ludmila Machart Fikac was my granduncle Raymond's sister. I descend from Raymond's wife Hilda's sister, who is my grandmother. I can put you in touch with some of your Machart cousins, and actually, Charles Machart is a member of this group, too.

      Matt

      > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      > From: djwilliamson49@...
      > Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:31:26 +0000
      > Subject: [TexasCzechs] surname Fikac
      >
      > Can anyone tell me the meaning of the surname Fikac or Sembera? My
      > father's last name is Sembera and my mother's was Fikac.
      >
      > Doris Williamson

      Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic