40425[TexasCzechs] Re: Cotton & Corn Picking

  • livanec@aol.com
    Oct 1, 2008
      We used a B Farmall tractor pulling a trailer and pulled the corn by hand and threw it in the trailer. But before we pulled the corn we would cut the corn tops for feed. After the corn was pulled, it was placed in a large corn crib in the barn. The corn would be removed as needed, then shucked, shelled from the cob (manually) and then some was ground (manually) for chicken feed. We planted all our corn for our own use. We did not sell it. The larger farms used mechanical corn pickers or combines to harvest corn.

      Allen Livanec