39920RE: [TexasCzechs] Labor Day

  • Matt Cross
    Sep 1, 2008
      Unfortunately, it seems so that we have largely forgotten what the initial intentions of this holiday were, and it seems the same can be said for both Memorial and Veterans Day.

      Matt

      > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      > From: pfosterbmt@...
      > Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:33:51 +0000
      > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Labor Day
      >
      > As I was sitting on the patio, wondering what Gustav intended to this
      > morning I remembered it was Labor Day. With the brisket on and the
      > potatoes boiling I remembered my childhood Labor Days in Dime Box. It
      > was the Firemans Annual BBQ/Bingo/Dance (too young). I know Labor Day
      > was a holiday set aside for the Unions, but as the granddaughter of
      > sharecroppers for us it was the time to reflect and honor the men and
      > women who toiled the fields. My question is simple have we forgotten
      > what Labor Day stands for and has it become just another holiday ending
      > summer and getting back into the "old-grind" mill? Just wondering.
      > paulasmaggie

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®. Game with Windows
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic