39919Labor Day

  • paulasmaggie
    Sep 1, 2008
      As I was sitting on the patio, wondering what Gustav intended to this
      morning I remembered it was Labor Day. With the brisket on and the
      potatoes boiling I remembered my childhood Labor Days in Dime Box. It
      was the Firemans Annual BBQ/Bingo/Dance (too young). I know Labor Day
      was a holiday set aside for the Unions, but as the granddaughter of
      sharecroppers for us it was the time to reflect and honor the men and
      women who toiled the fields. My question is simple have we forgotten
      what Labor Day stands for and has it become just another holiday ending
      summer and getting back into the "old-grind" mill? Just wondering.
      paulasmaggie
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic