39008Re: [TexasCzechs] How did they get here?

  • Nangotoo
    Jul 4, 2008
      Just about all of mine came in through Gav. Island and a couple in through New Orleans.  Many of the records of the Texas ports were destroyed in the 1900 hurricane, but they are being slowly reconstructed.  Have you tried asking the county that they settled in if they have any applications for citizenship or citizenship records for the family members?  That is another record(s) to look for.

      I've been attempting to find immigration records on some family
      members. I've found a lot did not come through Ellis Island. Where
      did your family members get into the US?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic