      From: janapivec
      Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:23 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re:Orphan Trains to Texas

      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "paulasmaggie" <pfosterbmt@ ...>
      > Added note to Helen Hudec. Her adopted parents were John Hudec and
      > Agnes Muzny. This is part of Cousin Bernard Gaas Mareks and part of
      > my Muzny Family Trees. Helen was the youngest sister to Mary Hudec
      > Marek who married George Marek. This was Bernards Grandparents.
      > Helen is buried at Frenstat Catholic Cemetery. Her tombstone reads
      > bn May 11, 1906 d November 4, 1968 Helen Keifer Case. She died in
      > Harris County. paulasmaggie

      I have been puzzling over this message since you sent it, trying to
      find the Mary Hudec you mention. In the 1900 Census, I only find a Jim
      Hudec, in Colorado County. In the 1910 Census, I do see John and Agnes
      Hudec, with sons John, William, Emil and Henry, plus adopted daughter
      Helen. I thought it was nice that Agnes got a little girl in that
      houseful of boys. Similarly, in the 1920 Census, I find John, Agnes,
      Henry, Helen, Emil and john Jr, but no Mary.

      Can you enlighten me? Many thanks, jana

      Checked by AVG.