      Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] chicken and rice receipe

      My dad loved cornbread and milk too.  but as far as comfort food go. I have a long list.

      I loved Sunday dinners when we were kids, mom always baked fresh bread,  with homemade butter, you can't get much more comfort then that., but I loved her chicken and dumplings, chicken noodle soup w/ homemade noodles, and the roast she would make with veggies and a rich tomato gravy to die for, but you can not forget her homemade cinnamon rolls, I have her recipe as close as you can get w/her not using one, these were tender, big and wonderful.  my mom was a awesome cook, she could bake anything, her home made biscuits were something else, I tried and tried to imitate and got real close, then gave up and use bisquik mix, but everything else I can do pretty good.  With 2 sisters, 4 brothers their spouses and kids, it is quite a house full now when I make mom's favorites.