      Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:03 AM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] chicken and rice receipe

      WE grew our own maize, corn etc. and dad had a grain mill which we made our own feed for the chickens, pigs and some for the cattle.  MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS WERE REMINISCING THE OTHER DAY ABOUT THIS , HOW MUCH FUN THIS WASN'T (HARVESTING THE GRAIN AND PUTTING INTO THE GRAIN BIN AND GROUNDING THE GRAIN

      Mom raised chickens for eggs and eating.  The butchering days weren't fun either.  we would kill 25 to 50 on a Saturday and pluck and process.  I usually couldn't eat chicken a couple of weeks after that.

      From: pfoster <pfosterbmt@sbcgloba l.net>
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2008, 10:07 AM

      Thank you, Matt.  If I used Soup in it I swear Grandmamma would be standing at the foot of my bed shaking her head.
      paulasmaggie